Thursday, August 26, 2010

2-Tier dessert tray (yet another one)


Okay now, this totally goes against my grain, but I decided to go for it. Now that I have a girl, I need to think *girly* things and *girly* colors. (snicker)  I'm a bluejeans and cotton T-shirt kind of gal.  I enjoy the outdoors so much that my feet are often black and my hair looks like a bird's nest from the wind.  Sounds like marriage material, right? And let me be the first to tell you that "Grace" is not my middle name, sigh.

I'm excited because I finally found that missing china piece to finish my long ago find from the Thrift store.  It's the fanciest I've ever made anything.  I usually go all rustic looking and call it art, but it was fun trying to make something special for a special little girl to enjoy one day. OH, don't get me wrong, I'm still taking this puppy to all the potlucks and hoedowns, but I did have a certain little misses in mind when making it.  She will be thrilled to invite all her brothers and Papa for tea when it's her turn to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment