Monday, July 12, 2010

Soap Dispenser


I have a gazillion projects in mind and some of my recent endeavors have turned out to be flops.
So, finally I have a winner for you!

This super cute soap dispenser is on showcase on Etsy for $16. I'm going to show you how I did it for nearly nothing.
What I used:

-1 small
spaghetti jar with lid or canning jar of any kind
-spray paint (white)
-a sharp pokey thing (I raided my
Husband's tool drawers and found something useful. I have no idea what it is called, so I'm calling it a
"sharp pokey thing".  A nail and hammer will also do the trick!)
-pliers or sturdy tweezers, any kind should do
-a soap pump nozzle
-soap
  • Take off label from jar and wash in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry.
  • Spray paint top of spaghetti jar. Set aside to dry.
  • Poke a hole in the top of the spaghetti jar. Pull the underside of the poked hole with a plier to make a bigger hole. Only make it big enough for the pump to go in.
  • Place soap pump into the hole of the top of the jar and screw on top of the jar. You may have to cut the tube to get it to fit perfectly in your jar. You want it to barely reach the bottom with a little space for the liquid to flow into the pump.
  • After adjusting the length of your tube for the pump, load up your jar with your favorite soap. (also could be dish washing liquid)

No comments:

Post a Comment