Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Diaper box to Storage box

I'm in the mood for some organization. The cute storage boxes at the store are a little pricey for me. I don't want to pay the prices for them. Yes, they are cute and yes, they will hold all my children's nik-naks but I just won't pay the price for them. I have a ton of empty diaper boxes, so I thought I would turn them into my new handy storage boxes.

SUPPLIES:

Scissors, binding or ribbon, colorful fabric, plain fabric, craft glue, school glue and Fabri-Tac


1. Cut off all the tabs of the diaper box.

2. Lay out the colorful fabric for the sides

(side with the handle) and tack onto the box with regular school glue.

3. Lay out and cut the plain fabric to go all the way around the long side of the box including the bottom. Tack it down with school glue and tuck in the colorful fabric sides into the plain fabric at the seams.
4. Use the Fabri-Tac glue on all the seams and also on the binding/ribbon for the seams.
5. Cut out handle holes and craft glue it down.
6. Craft glue down all ends that are inside the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment