This project makes me want to bust out in song! "I got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret or make me frown. I had strings, but now I'm free. I got no strings on me."
I am in the process of fixing up my Toddler's room. I'm thinking I want to go earthy but chic. I want it to look a little more grown up but playful. She's only 16mos, but she's growing up fast. sigh.
This project was super easy, messy and fun! Unfortunately a giant fun ball was harmed in this project. Only for a good cause.
Fabric Stiffener or Liquid Shaping Medium
Yarn (any color or kind)
A large ball or balloon
Bucket or bowl (for soaking the yarn)
|5. After it is fully dry and hard, use the back of a pencil and poke and push the ball/balloon away from the string to loosen it up.|
6. Cut a slit into the ball/balloon and let it fully deflate.
7. With your scissors, cut a small hole, like a trap door into the string sphere. Hole must be big enough for a light bulb to fit.
8. Pull out deflated ball/balloon with tweezers or hand.
9. Assemble light bulb into light fixture and insert through your trap door.
10. Pull out the female end of the cord through a large enough hole close to your trap door. You can use scissors to snip a string here or there to make a hole large enough for your plug. (This part is on top of your sphere so, it won't be as noticeable once it's hanging)
11. Plug in and enjoy!
After creating this project, I wanted so badly for my husband to hang it up in Miss Bubbles room, but come to find out, we have to completely rearrange the entire room just to get this baby up. Funny story, but we actually have to rearrange 2 rooms for this one light. Needless to say, it's not up yet. :( Guess I have some rearranging to do.