Sunday, May 16, 2010

Teacher's Gifts





The end of the school year is approaching and my boys have two Teachers per class. I recently wrote a post in April on "Recycled glass jars" and thought that the kids can do something small to go with it. I bought this really cool stuff called "Compound Padding". It's the glue that you find on your notepads. I decided that each child can make a special notepad for their Teachers. I have a lot of scrap paper in this house so I figured I would have them personalize a notepad. Honestly, it would be so much cuter if I had a cricut and fancy stock paper and made a shape out of it. But, I just went with what I had on hand.

Materials:
Paper of any kind
Paper cutter
Cereal box or any heavy duty cardstock for backing
Compound Padding
Art brush of any kind
Heavy books

How-To:
-Cut paper as much as you want to desired length and height
-Take your heavy cardstock or cereal box and cut to the same length as your stack of paper and place on bottom of your stack.
-Straighten your stack as best as possible and place heavy books on top.
-Apply compound padding to your art brush and brush on one end of your stack. (NOTE: You can do several notepads at the same time. Just stack them on top of each other and then apply the compound padding to the entire end of your stack. You can remove each notepad with a knife once it is dry)
-I added two thick coats and it worked really well.

Side Note: I had the kids personalize the bottom of the cardstock.

Another cute idea:
You can print out a faint picture of your child, animal, or any picture really and use that as the notepad paper.

I have a ton of extra paper left over from making these notebooks and I used the compound padding on it to make a scrap paper notepad.

Experiment. Have Fun! The possibilities are endless!!




No comments:

Post a Comment