Thursday, November 4, 2010

Catching up with Blogland

Wow! Where has the time gone?  Between Halloween parties, United Nations Day, Potlucks, Trick-or-treating and a Fundraiser Golf Tournament for the school,  I'm feeling a little tuckered out.

I haven't been crafting all the much lately, but I do have some pictures to share.

Last week, the boys had a wonderful United Nations Day celebration at their school.  It was a fun time for them to dress up and sing songs.  

Here's my "Boo" dressed up in a Canada shirt.
Here's my "Punkin" in his outfit from China.
We were supposed to bring a savory dish from any country we desire.  I am all out of creative juices for the time being, so I just brought pigs in a blanket and ham rolls.  I know it's not much on the savory part, but it was quick and easy to make.

Next we moved into Halloween parties.  I did make a little ghost for the occasion.
This was super easy to make and I'm sure I can figure a way to make something like a Turkey for Thanksgiving out of the leftover cheesecloth.  Guess I'll have to get on that soon.

Materials: Styrofoam ball, Soda bottle, Cheesecloth, Wire,  Tape and Aleene's Stiffen Quik
Drape cheesecloth and spray. It takes about 3-4 spray and dries to get it to stiffen.

Next I decorated with black felt and glue.
All done!


We played games, won prizes, ate super yummy food and shared smiles for the evening.  I made Owl Pellets for one of the prizes.  Martha Stewart gives a great tutorial and label printout here.

Newspaper puree and some dollar store trinkets cut up
and you now have Owl Pellets!


Protectors, Mr. Boba Fett and Mr. Policeman
The Protected, "Miss Bubbles" as Snow White

I hope everyone had a safe and fun-filled weekend! Now it's time to start decorating and dinner planning for Thanksgiving!  My favorite Holiday of all!




1 comment: