Monday, May 3, 2010

Boys Room - In Progress







My Husband and I have been working on the boys room for sometime now. I'm excited to get it finished, but it seems to take a lot of time to get around to doing it. We decided to go with a Stars and Stripes Forever theme.

My Grandmother (age 90) at the time, made the quilts

for the boys beds. She even added a sweet little touch to her handywork. Something I hope the kids will never forget. She put their birth year on each star, and they call her "GG" for Great-Grandma, so the final touches are perfect! She's so crafty!

My first real sewing project ever, we
re the table clothes for the boys room. I had these two small wooden circular side tables that needed a little pizazz. It's hard finding that perfect table cloth for a boys room. Everything I saw in the stores were more like adult fabric or really hideous way-out-there-off-the-wall-what-were-you-thinking looking fabric that no one in their right mind would buy.

I purchased some designer material at our local WalMart store. It was much cheaper than buying it at JoAnn's.
A great website with instructions on how to measure and sew a tablecloth is SEW4HOME.com.

I scored two letters, "K" and "J" at Marshalls for $3.99ea. I had the "N" letter made at a sign shop I found online. Now each boy has their own personal letter in their room. I have a few more fun touches I want to do to the room, but it takes two to do them, so I guess I'll have to wait until Dear Hubby has the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment